Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Defining parts of my picture.

What motivated me early on tonight was the image of me being the hero, how his face would light up when he found out I gave up my Monday night, and snuggling in my warm comfy bed to stand out in the bitter cold for multiple hours- in an over crowded group of colorful, chain smoking, male strangers- just for him, to show him just how much I love him.

For him, I want to be the hero so excruciatingly bad. I find myself constantly bending over backwards to fix the damage I created in his perception of me.
I want him to look at me the way he used to, to look up to me and love me like he once did.

Hence, me doing what I did tonight.

After ending the night without any of the results I had hoped for (once again) I was left letting my mind wander, as I too often do, dwelling on the 'what if's' of the past and how things could have been different. Slipping into this mindset is so effortless, especially after a night like tonight where I am faced with the consequences of my past mistakes.

I need to trust and continually remind myself that God has a BIG PICTURE plan and from my view I can only see these tiny pieces of it. Even though some of these pieces may seem dark or unattractive for now, I have faith that when all the pieces are put together, the dark ones will just be the defining parts of the picture.


xxRSG


No comments:

Post a Comment